Back to home
Making you relevant to the Young & Affluent. Newad is your
best partner for successful campaigns targeting the Young &
Affluent. No one knows this highly coveted segment of 18-49
year olds better. And we’re committed to providing you with
the best strategies and solutions to maximize your advertising
budget. When you go with Newad, you can be sure you’re
making a wise investment. For more information, visit the
following sections: Indoor, Experiential Marketing, Publishing
and Web. Then contact us to find out how we can help you
optimize the impact of your next marketing campaign.
Ingenuity, excellence, commitment and respect.
Newad ensures that advertisers communicate with the coveted Young & Affluent segment effectively and efficiently. After all, reaching these young adults becomes simple if you work with them everyday.
Our team is young, active, passionate and hooked on anything and everything new – we are part of our clients’ target market. The professionals conveying your brand’s message understand the public they are addressing better than anyone else.
At Newad, we pay very close attention to the quality of our campaigns. We have received several awards for our creativity and for our input in furthering marketing research. We always challenge ourselves to exceed industry standards.
- Newad is founded in Toronto by Michael Reha, current President & CEO.
- Indoor Advertising network development in Toronto. Installation of the first advertising board at HorseShoe Tavern. Newad’s 1st campaign, for Dr. Martens shoes.
- Edmonton office opens.
- First generation digital panels launched: they consist of laptops hidden in boxes.
- Inauguration of the head office in Montreal, at 6300 Parc Avenue.
- Experiential Marketing operations begin.
- Newad acquires NIGHTLIFE magazine, a cultural guide to Montreal.
- Newad becomes a member of the Canadian Out-of-Home Measurement Bureau (COMB).
- Launch of Traffik, a methodology that evaluates indoor advertising impressions, approved by COMB (Canadian Out-of-Home Measurement Bureau). Zoom Media buys a license.
- Traffik, the methodology developed by Newad, wins a Media Innovation
- Award (Science Marketing) and a Prix Média InfoPresse (Science Média).
- NIGHTLIFE magazine launches many interactive platforms, including nightlifemagazine.ca and NIGHTLIFE News, a bi-weekly newsletter.
- New positioning consolidated and launched: “Newad reaches the strongest concentration of the Young & Affluent.”
- Newad acquires two mobile units specially designed for experiential services and events. Fido is the first company to benefit from them through their Fido Casting Tour campaign, which was a great success both on site and online.
- Newad wins an Ace Award for its Mothers Against Drunk Driving indoor advertising campaign.
- NIGHTLIFE magazine celebrates its 10th birthday.
- Newad wins a Media Innovation Award for its Kokanee “Ranger Live or Die” campaign.
- Newad wins a Prix Média InfoPresse (Media Innovation) for its On Thin Ice campaign for Montreal’s The Gazette.
- Newad wins a Prix Média InfoPresse (Magazine) for its Ubisoft campaign, titled “Creators of Emotion”.
- Newad’s Experiential Marketing portfolio reaches 2,000 brand experiences. The team consolidates their position within the industry – it is the top EM team in Quebec and a major player in Canada.
- Newad unveils a new visual identity and a new range of services that integrate Newad Publishing and Web with Indoor Advertising and Experiential Marketing.
- Michael Reha named CEO of Newad
- COMB (Canadian Out-of-Home Measurement Bureau), an independent organization, reveals that Newad has the highest efficiency rating in the industry when it comes to its indoor advertising impressions.
- NIGHTLIFE Magazine becomes NIGHTLIFE.CA, with a printed version (40 000 copies/month) and a website (400 000 page views a month).
- NIGHTLIFE.CA is voted Best Magazine available in Montreal (all magazines combined) by the readers of the Montreal Mirror (Best of Montréal Readers’ Poll 2010).
- NIGHTLIFE.CA launches the 5th edition of its NIGHTLIFE NOIZE compilation, over 50,000 copies of which have been distributed since 2004.
- NIGHTLIFE.CA wins 1st Prize in the Magazines du Québec contest for its portrait of DJ Champion, signed by photographer Richmond Lam.
- Newad announces a technological partnership with Redux Media, one of the most important online advertising networks in the country.
- Newad launches its NIGHTLIFE MTL iPhone app, created in partnership with the STM. In less then a month, it is downloaded 7,000 times.
- For the first time in its history, NIGHTLIFE.CA crosses 500,000 page views a month. Today, the site counts 825,000 page views a month, a number in constant growth.
- Newad launches a new generation of cutting-edge digital boards. 550 new boards are installed in high end establishments across Canada.
- Newad announces a partnership with 150 new establishments in Canada, covering its 3 networks (RestoBars, Sports, Campus). This is the fasted growth of Newad’s indoor advertising division since its foundation in 1995.
- The NIGHTLIFE MTL iPhone app wins the Grand Prize for “Innovation – Digital Platforms” awarded by Magazines du Québec.
- For yet another year, NIGHTLIFE.CA is voted Best Magazine available in Montreal (all magazines combined) by the readers of the Montreal Mirror (Best of Montréal Readers’ Poll 2011).