Back to home
Making you relevant to the Young & Affluent. Newad is your best partner for successful campaigns targeting the Young & Affluent. No one knows this highly coveted segment of 18-49 year olds better. And we’re committed to providing you the best strategies and solutions to maximize your advertising budget. When you go with Newad, you can be sure you’re making a wise investment. Contact us to find out how we can help you optimize the impact of your next marketing campaign.
Ingenuity, excellence, commitment and respect.
Newad ensures that advertisers communicate with the coveted Young & Affluent segment effectively and efficiently. After all, reaching these young adults becomes simple if you work with them everyday.
Our team is young, active, passionate and hooked on anything and everything new – we are part of our clients’ target market. The professionals conveying your brand’s message understand the public they are addressing better than anyone else.
At Newad, we pay very close attention to the quality of our campaigns. We have received several awards for our creativity and for our input in furthering marketing research. We always challenge ourselves to exceed industry standards.
- Newad is founded in Toronto by Michael Reha, current President & CEO.
- Indoor Advertising network development in Toronto. Installation of the first advertising board at HorseShoe Tavern. Newad’s 1st campaign, for Dr. Martens shoes.
- Edmonton office opens.
- First generation digital panels launched: they consist of laptops hidden in boxes.
- Inauguration of the head office in Montreal, at 6300 Parc Avenue.
- Experiential Marketing operations begin.
- Newad acquires NIGHTLIFE magazine, a cultural guide to Montreal.
- Newad becomes a member of the Canadian Out-of-Home Measurement Bureau (COMB).
- Launch of Traffik, a methodology that evaluates indoor advertising impressions, approved by COMB (Canadian Out-of-Home Measurement Bureau). Zoom Media buys a license.
- Traffik, the methodology developed by Newad, wins a Media Innovation
- Award (Science Marketing) and a Prix Média InfoPresse (Science Média).
- NIGHTLIFE magazine launches many interactive platforms, including nightlifemagazine.ca and NIGHTLIFE News, a bi-weekly newsletter.
- New positioning consolidated and launched: “Newad reaches the strongest concentration of the Young & Affluent.”
- Newad acquires two mobile units specially designed for experiential services and events. Fido is the first company to benefit from them through their Fido Casting Tour campaign, which was a great success both on site and online.
- Newad wins an Ace Award for its Mothers Against Drunk Driving indoor advertising campaign.
- NIGHTLIFE magazine celebrates its 10th birthday.
- Newad wins a Media Innovation Award for its Kokanee “Ranger Live or Die” campaign.
- Newad wins a Prix Média InfoPresse (Media Innovation) for its On Thin Ice campaign for Montreal’s The Gazette.
- Newad wins a Prix Média InfoPresse (Magazine) for its Ubisoft campaign, titled “Creators of Emotion”.
- Newad’s Experiential Marketing portfolio reaches 2,000 brand experiences. The team consolidates their position within the industry – it is the top EM team in Quebec and a major player in Canada.
- Newad unveils a new visual identity and a new range of services that integrate Newad Publishing and Web with Indoor Advertising and Experiential Marketing.
- Michael Reha named CEO of Newad
- COMB (Canadian Out-of-Home Measurement Bureau), an independent organization, reveals that Newad has the highest efficiency rating in the industry when it comes to its indoor advertising impressions.
- NIGHTLIFE Magazine becomes NIGHTLIFE.CA, with a printed version (40 000 copies/month) and a website (400 000 page views a month).
- NIGHTLIFE.CA is voted Best Magazine available in Montreal (all magazines combined) by the readers of the Montreal Mirror (Best of Montréal Readers’ Poll 2010).
- NIGHTLIFE.CA launches the 5th edition of its NIGHTLIFE NOIZE compilation, over 50,000 copies of which have been distributed since 2004.
- NIGHTLIFE.CA wins 1st Prize in the Magazines du Québec contest for its portrait of DJ Champion, signed by photographer Richmond Lam.
- Newad announces a technological partnership with Redux Media, one of the most important online advertising networks in the country.
- Newad launches its NIGHTLIFE MTL iPhone app, created in partnership with the STM. In less then a month, it is downloaded 7,000 times.
- For the first time in its history, NIGHTLIFE.CA crosses 500,000 page views a month. Today, the site counts 825,000 page views a month, a number in constant growth.
- Newad launches a new generation of cutting-edge digital boards. 550 new boards are installed in high end establishments across Canada.
- Newad announces a partnership with 150 new establishments in Canada, covering its 3 networks (RestoBars, Sports, Campus). This is the fasted growth of Newad’s indoor advertising division since its foundation in 1995.
- The NIGHTLIFE MTL iPhone app wins the Grand Prize for “Innovation – Digital Platforms” awarded by Magazines du Québec.
- For yet another year, NIGHTLIFE.CA is voted Best Magazine available in Montreal (all magazines combined) by the readers of the Montreal Mirror (Best of Montréal Readers’ Poll 2011).
- Newad OnLine reaches the 125 million monthly page views mark, representing a growth of 350% in 9 months.
- Newad signs an exclusive partnership with the La Cage aux Sports restobar chain in the province of Quebec.
- Newad combines technology, creativity and entertainment with a 3D holographic projection advertisement for the 2013 Nissan Altima during Canada Day.
- Newad announces significant growth of its RestoBars network through exclusive agreements with restaurant chains and bars across Canada, including Vintage Group, Jack Astor's, Alice Fazooli, Loose Moose and Firkin.
- Newad asserts its leadership to reach students across Canada by announcing the renewal of a series of long-term agreements with colleges and universities located in Ontario.
- Newad OnLine announces the expansion of 33mag.com and Tonpetitlook.com in English versions. The division also acquired 8 new sites in its Network.
- Newad wins the Gold award in the Experiential/Special Event/Stunt category at the 2012 Media Innovation Awards, in addition to the 'best of Show' for the 'Innovation that Excites' Nissan campaign, which was produced in collaboration with OMD and TBWA.
- Newad reveals the findings of its research on media consumption habits among students enrolled in Canadian colleges and universities.
- Newad wins the Grand Prize in the following categories: Indoor Advertising / individual piece, Indoor Advertising Campaign and IntegratedCampaign at the Prix Créa 2013 for the Valentine campaign created in collaboration with LG2.
- Newad announces an exclusive representation agreement with the Canadian facilities of Canlan Ice Sports, consolidating its position as leader in digital indoor advertising in the country.
- Newad develops an advertising agreement with the McGill and Brock Universities, confirming its position as the Canadian leader with prestigious educational establishments.